In the Fiction Workshop, student writers learn important components of successful fiction writing including:
- Character development.
- How to choose and use setting.
- The elements of an effective plot - conflict, climax and resolution.
Each student has the opportunity to complete a short story of his/her own.
**Parents will be invited for the final celebration reading!!!**
In the Screenwriting Workshop students will immerse themselves in a dynamic introduction to the fundamentals of writing a screenplay. Students will come to class with an idea, and then learn about the most important elements necessary to convert their inspiration into an actual script. In-class activities will include:
- Learning how to pitch an idea for a script.
- How to oultine a plot.
- Identifying the arch of a good script.
- Character Development.
- How to use conflict effectively.
- How to approach believable dialogue.
- Round table read-alouds with constructive feedback led by the instructor.